EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards (TGSA)
The EPS-QEOD Board together with the EPS Young Minds are happy to announce EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards to attend Europhoton 2022.
Congratulations to the laureates!:
Carolin P. Bauer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Spatially-multiplexed tunable dual-comb optical parametric oscillator at 250 MHz
Ziyao Wang, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany
100W, 1 mJ, few-cycle pulses at 2 μm wavelength
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards will be attributed on behalf of the European Physical Society through its Quantum Electronics and Optics Division (QEOD) and Young Minds Action Committee in order to attend the Europhoton 2022 conference. The Awards consist of travel grants and they are given to PhD Students who wish to attend a QEOD-sponsored conference and whose scientific contribution in optics and photonics is of the highest quality. The goal of this award is to help talented young scientists to contribute to QEOD-sponsored European conferences in optics by taking in charge part of their expenses to the conference. The 2022 Europhoton is ellligible for theses Awards.
The grants are awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the QEOD-sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
Only one grant is awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries usually receive a particular attention.
The ceremony is scheduled to take place on Friday 2 September 2022.
Terms of the Travel Grant Student Awards:
- 4 grants available for the Europhoton conference.
- Each award will be accompanied by a certificate and a monetary sum. The monetary sum is 500 € for a PhD Student working in a European country or 1000 € for a PhD Student working outside Europe.
- All PhD Students wishing to attend the conference are invited to apply. Only thesis students can apply, doctoral positions are not accepted.
- Applications have to be done by using the online system for EPS conference submissions, where a special item points to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- Payment means: Payment will only be done if the awardee is present at the conference. Payment will follow after the conference by bank transfer.
- The grants will be awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the QEOD-sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
- Only one grant will be awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries should receive a particular attention.
- Applications must be made by 2 June 2022 during the 2022 Europhoton online submission system.
- There, a special item will point to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- If you are interested in applying, just tick the corresponding box during the on line submission,
- Then below this item upload a double-page pdf document (.pdf format) detailing
(i) your name, surname, date of birth,
(ii) your complete affiliation,
(iii) the title and the 50-word abstract of your contribution,
(iv) starting date of the PhD studies and expected date of the PhD defense,
(v) your list of publications limited to the five most significant articles.
(vi) a support letter of the supervisor.
* EPS Individual Member (IM) Travel Grants
The EPS makes a limited number of travel grants available to EPS Individual Members. Grants are awarded to early carreer researchers. The amount given is 350€. To apply please follow this link